5+7 Placement Programme
This program is targeted to those graduates with 2 years working experience including a 5 months internship and 7 months follow on official work at a school in China. While on the internship and teaching program, you will gain practical teaching experience to prepare you for the 7 months official work.
In order for you to understand the full extent of the 5+7 internship and teaching program, it is important to understand the process and timeline of events from now until the completion of your program.
You will receive updates regarding your program and necessary information in 3 different stages before your arrival to Shanghai. Currently, this manual will give you the basic information you need in order to become mentally aware and prepared for your future participation in the TEC program here in China.
Before we move forward with your program, you will need to make the full program fee payment. Then within 45 days of payment, Shanghai Meiji will find you a placement with a school in China, providing you the contract between both you and the school, and between you and Shanghai Meiji for you to sign, scan, and send back to us electronically.
Next, we will send you the visa instructions asking you to send us information needed in order to process and provide the correct Z visa for the program. Do not worry, we will provide clear instructions for the exact process and timeline for the visa application and pickup.
Following the visa process and success of the visa retrieval, we will provide you with one more document that will be the last process in your pre arrival before you are on your way to China. This last document will provide you with last minute information, ranging from information for where and how we will execute the airport pick up, items we suggest you bring to China, how to prepare for your teaching experience and life in China, Q&A about the program from previous teachers and foreigners who have participated in our program, and lastly prepare you mentally for the adventures and success you will have once you arrive.
At the end of the 5+7 internship and teaching program you have 4 available choices to make:
1) Return home: Fly back home and use your experience to apply for jobs in other countries or back in your home country.
2) Travel: You can use your provided holiday time to travel to other areas of China; especially many interns like to visit Beijing or other provinces before they depart.
3) Sign a contract with your school: At the beginning of your program, you will sign a 12 month contract with a school in China. However you have the opportunity to sign another contract with the school at the completion of your program.
4) Find a new job in China: Shanghai Meiji is more than willing to help you find new work in your city or elsewhere in China.
1) Native English Speaker (Non-native English Speaker with good accent is acceptable).
2) TEFL/TESOL certificate (120-hour Course).
3) At least a Bachelor’s Degree.
4) 2 Years Working Experience Required.
5+7 Placement Programme Rules
There are a couple of things trainees need to keep in mind while on the 5+7 Placement programme.
Schedule: School Placement
1) Trainees state an interest for one of the schools that are present during the mock lesson.
2) The trainees attend an interview at the school.
3) The trainees have a 1-month ‘probation’ period at the school and may switch schools following the probation period if desired.
4) Trainees are content with their school.
Schedule: Internship and Placement
1) Trainees are now satisfied to teach in their current school.
2) After 1 month, a representative from Shanghai Meiji will visit the school to make sure everything is going well.
3) Once a month (on the 10th of each month), you will visit Shanghai Meiji to give feedback and accept your allowance of 3300RMB for living allowances and 200RMB for electricity and water allowances. Then after your 5 month internship, you will receive a salary between 10,000- 20,000RMB directly from your school.
4) If you have any issues, please feel free to contact Shanghai Meiji and discuss them with us at any time.